Superstars Writing Seminar Scholarship Program 2017
The Scholarship covers the cost of the seminar, including the day of Advanced Writing Craft on 2/1/17, with a lineup of bestselling authors including Jim Butcher. The Scholarship does not cover VIP seating, Exclusive Speaker Dinner, travel, accommodations, or meals.
It is intended for:
- First-time Superstars attendees only (sorry alumni)
- Serious writers who want to learn how to kick-start their careers, or build upon their existing platforms. Wednesday is the craft workshop. Thursday-Saturday focuses on the business side of writing.
- A writer with financial challenges. If you can afford this seminar, sign up now. It’ll be one of the best investments you’ll ever make in your career. If you can’t afford it but know deep down in your soul that you NEED it, read on.
With how popular this scholarship has become, we’ve streamlined the process this year to help handle the volume. Please read the instructions carefully, and follow them exactly. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Prepare the following scholarship package as a Word document (.DOC, .DOCX, or .RTF), and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy and paste the cover sheet to the main body of the email, and also include it as the first page in the package.
1) Cover sheet (filled out completely):
Phone Number: [number]
I confirm that my scholarship is complete, including: a personal essay and the two letters of recommendation are exactly as I received them, without alterations.
Personal Essay word count (between 450-700 words): [insert word count here]
Letter of Recommendation 1: [Name of recommender, contact info]
Letter of Recommendation 2: [Name of recommender, contact info]
Make sure letters of recommendation are less than 300 words each.
2) Application as a single attachment saved as: [Superstars Scholarship_Your Name]
The attachment should contain everything below, in the following order:
- Cover Sheet, as described above.
- Personal Essay: A 450-700 word personal essay explaining:
- Why you are a good candidate for the scholarship. What makes you unique? What can you bring to the Superstars Tribe that no one else can?
- The nature of your financial challenge.
- What you expect to gain from attending the Superstars seminar.
Think of this as your cover letter on a submission to an editor or publisher. Convince us that you should be the winner.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two brief letters of recommendation (no more than 300 words each) from friends, mentors, people from your writing group, anyone (not a relative) who can tell us how great you are. Please note that we would like both letters to be included in the scholarship package, and not emailed individually. We want to give you the chance to make sure everything is complete before submitting. If there is a concern, please email the scholarship committee at email@example.com. Please include contact information for each person for possible follow-up.
- Submit your application between September 1st and October 15th.
- With 48 hours of submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation of receipt email. If you don’t, please contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your application.
- Winners will be contacted via email and announced via social media on November 15th.
- 2017 Seminar dates are February 1st – 4th at the Antlers Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado.